Selling Property in the Algarve, Portugal
If you are interested in selling your Algarve property then Portman Properties will assist you in all matters, and ensure that you are given the best advice. Firstly we will ask you to sign our sales agreement highlighting the price of the property, details and terms of sale and then continue to support and advise our clients throughout the sales process. The documentation required for the sale of your house is listed below (Note: your Lawyer should have copies of all these documents):
- A copy of the 'Escritura', the document signed when you purchase a property, is transferred to the new owner's name.
- A copy of the Habitation License - 'Licenca de Habitacao,' a certificate from the Town Hall stating the property has been inspected and complies with building regulations and is fit for habitation. This only applies to properties built after 1951.
- A copy of the certificate from the Land Registry - 'Certidão de Teor', which proves description and inscription of property at the Land Registry Office.
- A copy of the land tax certificate, 'Caderneta Urbana/Rustica Urbana Predial', issued by the Tax Department confirming that the property has been registered for tax purposes. It will show location, plot size, number of rooms, pool size etc and details should match those entered at the Land Registry Office.
- A copy of the property plans approved by the local council - 'Câmara'.
- A copy of the last payment of the Contribuição Autárquica, now CIMI - 'Código de Imposto Municipal Sobre Imóveis'.
- A copy of the ID and Contribuição Fiscal for each owner named on the Escritura.
Contact us today for a free valuation of your property.